We are always looking for passionate people who can help us deliver the Mainetec difference to our valued clients across a variety of industries.
If you are interested in joining our industry leading team we would love to hear from you, please get in touch with us and send through your resume.
Workshop Boilermakers – Mackay Based – $50/hour
Are you an experienced boilermaker looking for Stability and Security? Mainetec is entering an exciting growth phase including structural, fabrication and manufacturing type work – and we need more great employees to join our team.
If you have the following skill set, we are keen to talk to you.
- A trade qualification in boilermaking
- Post trade experience in heavy fabrication and heavy repair
- Experience in FCAW
- A keen eye for detail, a strong commitment to quality and pride in your work
- An active and responsible approach to safety
- Be able to pass a 4G weld test to AS2980 standard, UT and visual
- Be able to pass a medical which includes drug and alcohol testing
Working at heights, forklift, overhead gantry and dogging tickets whilst not essential, will be highly regarded
What do we offer in return?
- Competitive hourly rate
- Constant town-based work with plenty of overtime – minimum 50 hours per week, every week
- Monthly all staff barbeque toolbox talks
- Monthly safety and service awards
- Free uniform allocation after completion of probation period
- Variety of different work
- Opportunities for personal development for all employees
Please note this is NOT FIFO
Interested? Forward your resume to Anne Anderson at email@example.com
Mainetec is a progressive local company specializing in fabrication, heavy equipment repairs, semi-automated Plasma Transfer Arc Welding, mine site maintenance and parts supply. Our focus is on providing our customers with superior quality products, supported by our extensive industry knowledge, unsurpassed on-site service and commitment to quality, safety and continuous improvement.
We are seeking a Workshop Supervisor to work in our Paget Workshop.
This is a demanding role with the dual focus of ensuring that production targets are met whilst ensuring that the business continues to operate to optimise quality and efficiency.
Safety is our first priority at Mainetec. The right candidate understands that and works alongside the management team to ensure all our employees go home safe.
To be considered for this role, we are looking for the following attributes:
- Trade qualified boilermaker (essential) with a minimum 5 years’ industry experience
- Extensive leadership experience in a similar role
- Knowledge and understanding of safety systems and a keen focus on safe working practices
- A competent and capable supervisor with a pragmatic and objective outlook
- Sound IT skills – Excel, Word, Outlook
- Ability to read and interpret workshop drawings
- A keen eye for detail and a focus on quality outcomes
- Can-do, hands on approach
- Team player, motivated self-starter
- Works to and reflects our values of Safety, Quality, Equality, Honesty and Respect
The following would be highly regarded:
- S 1, 2 and 3 qualifications
- Experience in the management of quality systems to ISO9001
In return we offer competitive remuneration and opportunities to grow and progress with our business. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Please send your resume and a covering letter telling us why you are suited to the role. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Planner/ Scheduler– Mackay Based
Mainetec’s focus is on providing our customers with superior quality products, supported by our extensive industry knowledge, on-site service and commitment to quality, safety and continuous improvement.
Mainetec is going through an exciting growth phase – and looking for people keen to take on new challenges.
We currently have an opportunity for a Planner/Scheduler to join the team at our busy Mackay facility.
The duties for this position will include the following:
- Schedule all incoming and outgoing works utilising MS Project
- Maintain Master Workshop Schedule (Capacity Plan)
- Be involved in development of build methodologies
- Create schedules for tender proposals
- Creates quotes at various times to assist Estimating team
- Participating in Pre and Post Job review process
- Setting up new jobs in electronic system to allow creation of job packs
- Following up material supply and communicating delivery updates to Workshop
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes
- Some experience in a similar position
- Engineering/mechanical background
- Heavy mining equipment/buckets experience will be highly regarded
- Sound Microsoft Office skills – particularly MS Project and Excel
- Good time management skills
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Flexible, can-do attitude and willingness to learn
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Please send your resume and a covering letter telling us why you are suited to the role. Applications should be sent to email@example.com
Your project could be next – contact us today to see what we can do for you.
Please feel free to contact us at any time.
21 Gateway Drive
Paget QLD 4740
07 4955 7888