Mainetec Pty. Ltd is an innovative Australian OEM specialising in fabrication, heavy equipment repairs, mine site maintenance, and parts supply. Our focus is on providing our customers with superior quality products, supported by our extensive industry knowledge, unsurpassed service and commitment to quality, safety, and continuous improvement.
We are currently looking for a suitable candidate to fill the full-time position of
As the Design Manager you are responsible for the effective management of the engineering and design team. You will coach, mentor and manage all team members, scheduling, training and be a representative of the company and have technical ownership of assigned tasks and new projects and technology.
To succeed in this role, applicants must be able to demonstrate the following personal attributes and skills:-
• A solid understanding of structural engineering principals
• Advanced in the use of SolidWorks CAD
• Experience in FEA (Finite Element Analysis)
• Proficiency in creating detailed manufacturing drawings
• The ability to work autonomously
• The ability to manage a small team, workload and meet project deadlines
• Experience in similar role (minimum 3 years)
• A keen eye for detail and quality
• Team player, but able to work independently
• Process driven
• Flexible, can-do attitude
Attributes that will be highly regarded:
• Experience with medium – heavy engineering & mining equipment
• 3D scanning experience
• Experience designing and drafting of cast parts
• Experience in the mining sector
• Engineering or design background
• Experience in a similar business would be highly regarded
We are looking for someone who has a can-do attitude, can think on their feet and adapt to the changing requirements of our customer base. Ideally you will have imagination and flair to back up your formal skill set and a willingness to learn and progress.
In return we offer:
• Competitive salary.
• Opportunities to develop and progress.
• Company reward and recognition program.
• Employee assistance program.
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a design manager?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
Your project could be next – contact us today to see what we can do for you.
Please feel free to contact us at any time.
21 Gateway Drive
Paget QLD 4740
07 4955 7888