PURCHASING OFFICER / STOREPERSON – WA BASED
Mainetec Pty. Ltd is a progressive OEM specialising in bucket manufacture, fabrication, heavy equipment repairs, Plasma Transfer Arc Welding, mine site maintenance, and parts supply. Our focus is on providing our customers with superior quality products, supported by our extensive industry knowledge, unsurpassed on-site service and commitment to quality, safety, innovation, and continuous improvement.
Mainetec is a values-based organisation with a positive and attractive workplace culture. We are growing rapidly in WA and have recently launched a major fabrication facility in Henderson to support our growing order book.
PURCHASING OFFICER / STOREPERSON (WA Based)
We are looking for a Purchasing Officer/Storeperson who can demonstrate the following attributes:
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field
- 3+ years proven work experience in supply chain and inventory management activities
- Previous significant Stores, Warehouse and Purchasing experience
- Intermediate computer literacy skills with proficiency in MS Office suite and MYOB EXO (preferred)
- Current high risk Forklift Licence
- Current Class C manual Driver’s Licence
- Other tickets such as scaffolding, gantry crane, EWP would be highly regarded
- Must embrace team culture, but able to work independently
- Physically fit
- Able to manage competing priorities
- High regard toward Workplace Health and Safety practices
The position will be a full time role working day shift only initially. The role is a new one and the right candidate will have the skills to set up the warehouse/stores facility from new.
Duties will include:
- Picking stock and Work in Progress orders and processing through computer system
- Issue of consumable items
- Preparation of goods ready for dispatch by day staff
- Management of small tooling issues and returns
- Tooling maintenance and repairs
- Periodic stock takes
- Maintenance of warehouse to a high standard
- Maintenance of stock security and integrity
- Raise, receipt and manage purchase orders in line with company policy
- Review backorders and delivery ETA dates to ensure compliance to delivery schedules
- Liaise with suppliers
- Assist in the QA inspection process
- General stores management including loading and unloading vehicles, stocktake, tool issue, material preparation and dispatch
This position will be casual initially with a view to conversion to a permanent role for the right candidate.
Interested? Apply via Seek or forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a storeperson?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- Do you have experience operating a forklift?
- Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?
Your project could be next – contact us today to see what we can do for you.
Please feel free to contact us at any time.
21 Gateway Drive
Paget QLD 4740
07 4955 7888